This exquisite, Georgian design by Allan Dreghorn was St Andrew’s Parish Church when finished in 1756, making it one of the oldest in Glasgow. It has a portico defined by Corinthian columns, the town’s motto “Let Glasgow Flourish” in the pediment plus a gold and blue clock face similar to other towers in Merchant City. The last Presbyterian service here was in 1993. After an extensive renovation by the Glasgow Building Preservation Trust, it reopened in 2000 as St Andrew’s in the Square. The former church is leased to the Centre for Scottish Culture and is a popular venue for weddings and special events.