The elevation of Wolastoq Park provides an excellent overlook of the Saint John River upstream from Reversing Falls. This is the convergence point with the Kennebecasis River. Some speculate the name means “little long bay place.” The pulp and paper mill is operated by J.D. Irving, Limited. This locally-based conglomerate is also active in transportation, shipbuilding and media. In 1604, French explorer Samuel de Champlain was the first European to map the three islets. They are named (left to right) Goat Island, Middle Island and Crow Island. To the right of them is Fallsview Park.