National Mutual Life Association of Australasia was founded in Melbourne in 1869. During its period of high growth, it commissioned Alan Cameron Walker to build their Hobart offices. The façade of the 1906 structure deserves close inspection. The bas-reliefs among the pilasters feature lions. This theme is continued with two lion sculptures clasping monogrammed shields. They flank the company’s logo of a lion and a unicorn above the entrance on Macquarie Street. National Mutual was acquired by T&G Mutual Life in 1983.