This bell tower crowned with spires was formerly the Park Church, designed by J. T. Rochead and built in 1858. It was a major landmark of the Park District. Unfortunately, most of the building was razed in 1968 to accommodate a new office building. The clash of architectural styles is unfortunate as this tower is beautiful. Since then it has been converted into the Park House with about 50 apartments.