Charing Cross Mansions in Glasgow, Scotland - Encircle Photos

15 Charing Cross Mansions in Glasgow, Scotland

The Charing Cross Mansions were built in 1891 based on the design of John James Burnet. The eight figures surrounding the clock were sculpted by William Birnie Rhind. The Victorian neighborhood just west of this sandstone tenement was demolished during the 1970’s to make way for the M8 motorway. Fortunately, this red sandstone curved building at Sauchiehall Street and St George’s Road remains.

VIEW MAP

10 St George's Rd, Glasgow, G3 6UJ, UK

Directions

Share this Photo