Duke Street Prison was built in 1798. Long before it closed in 1955 and was razed in 1958, the jail only incarcerated women inmates. Also called Bridewell, the institution had a terrible reputation. This red, sandstone, Scottish Baronial building was opened in 1877 as a halfway house after prisoners’ release. It is now the Cathedral House Hotel. Their selection of eight rooms is perfect for quests looking for boutique accommodations shared by rumored ghosts.