In the late 17th century, Maria Salvatierra, the widow of Captain Blas de Zea Merino, commissioned this mansion with a grand Baroque entrance. Subsequently, Zea-Salvatierra Palace housed Town Hall and the main post office. It is now the residence of descendants of José Gálvez Ginachero (1866 – 1952). This celebrated doctor of Málaga dedicated his career to treating people regardless of economic means and soldiers from opposing armies. He was president of the city’s medical association and Málaga’s mayor. He was also the founder of a hospital and a school. He has been venerated by the Catholic church and is being consider for beatification.