In 1950, Dr. Richard Hearn, then chairman of Ontario Hydro, was impressed by a floral clock he saw in Edinburg, Scotland. Upon his return home, he commissioned the world’s largest adjacent to the power plant. There are 16,000 to 24,000 flowers across the 40 foot diameter clock. In lieu of the typical numbers one through twelve are the letters spelling Niagara Parks. At the summit is a 24 foot tower. It plays the Westminster Chimes every quarter hour. The water garden in front measures 85 feet long and 10 feet wide.