Adjacent to the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests is the West Annex Hall, built by command of Yongle Emperor in 1420. The sacred structure was used for storing and praying to the divine tablets of attendant gods. Now called the Worshipping Heaven Ceremony Exhibition Hall, it exhibits artifacts used during temple ceremonies. Across the plaza is the East Annex Hall, subsequently converted into the Worshipping Music and Dancing Hall. This space displays instruments used during religious ceremonies and portrays the sounds and dances that once accompanied the Ming and Qing emperors.