Visitation Basilica and Convent in Annecy, France

On the right is Visitation Convent. It was founded in 1610 by a Bishop of Geneva named Francis de Sales along with Jane Frances de Chantal. After their deaths, both of them were buried in nearby St. Maurice Church. Their relics were later moved to the Basilique de la Visitation. They were canonized as saints by the Roman Catholic Church. 3,000 Visitation nuns now live in over 160 monasteries across the world.

VIEW MAP

Basilica of the Visitation 11 Avenue de la Visitation, 74000 Annecy, France

Directions

Share this Photo