This was the King’s Tower when Charles Barry’s Perpendicular Gothic design was added to the Palace of Winchester in 1855. In 1887, it was renamed the Victoria Tower in honor of Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee. The structure houses the Parliamentary Achieves. Notice the Union Flag above its 14th floor. This is replaced with the Royal Standard when the Queen is inside. On the right is the Buxton Memorial Fountain. The tribute’s namesake is Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton. While a member of Parliament, he led the abolition of slavery in 1833. The fountain is located in the Victoria Tower Gardens, a park adjacent to the River Thames.