A walk along Franklin Wharf is a walk back into Hobart’s origin. Since its founding in 1804, fisherman used Constitution Dock to harbor their fleet and sell their fresh catch. In the 1840s, it was expanded into Fisherman’s Dock, now the adjacent Victoria Dock. On the other side of Franklin Wharf are a marina and several piers including one for the ferry terminal. They face Sullivans Cove, named in 1804 as a tribute to John Sullivan. He was the first Under-Secretary of State for War and the Colonies from 1801 until 1804.