Beneath the lead dome is the Victoria Art Gallery, named in honor of Her Majesty who died in 1901, about a year after the building opened as a library. Since 1990, the museum has used the space designed by John Brydon to display paintings, sculptures and other artworks from primarily British artists dating back 300 years. On the left is the Bath Markets. Formally named Newmarket Row, it was built riverside in 1775 and reconstructed almost 90 years later. Behind it is the Bath Guildhall Market. In the foreground is the River Avon and on the right is the Pulteney Bridge.