From 1714 until 1760, three successive architects crafted the Baroque, 37 acre Upper Garden. This impressive approach to Peterhof Palace is worthy of an emperor. Tree-lined paths flank eight rectangular sections divided by two center walkways. The impeccable lawn is accented with flower beds, five fountains plus sculpted trees and bushes. In 1757, Italian sculptor Antonio Bonazza created four marble statues of Roman deities related to gardens. This is Flora, the goddess of spring and flowers. In the background is the Coat-of Arms Pavilion. It was built in 1755 to accommodate distinguished guests. It also was the private apartment for Catherine the Great while empress of Russia from 1762 until 1796. This western wing of the Grand Palace is now the Special Treasury Museum. Among the displays are jewels of Russian emperors.