The Royal University College of Santa Catalina was established during the late 15th century. During the 18th century, a separate regional university emerged and required a campus. Cardinal Lorenzana commissioned Ignacio Haan. The architect finished the University Palace of Lorenzana in 1799 with a dramatic, Neoclassical façade. This architectural style was popular in Spain from 1750 until 1850 although rare in Toledo. Sculptor Salvatierra created the angels holding the coat of arms of Cardinal Lorenzana. The building now serves as the offices for the Vice Chancellor of the University of Castille-La Mancha. UCLM was established in 1982 and educates about 30,000 graduate and undergraduate students.