University of Buenos Aires Engineering School in San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

While Eva Perón was the popular first lady of Argentina (1946 – 1952), her passion was raising donations to support the poor and orphans, provide scholarships for children plus build schools, hospitals and homes. These charitable activities were conducted by the Eva Perón Foundation. This was the headquarters. At its peak, the institution had 14,000 workers. The program was so successful that by 1952 – shortly before her death at 33 – Eva Perón was declared the Spiritual Leader of the Nation. This Neoclassical building is now the Engineering School (Facultad de Ingeniería) of the University of Buenos Aires.

VIEW MAP

Av. Paseo Colón 850, C1063ACV, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Directions

Share this Photo