Two successive churches were built during the 11th and 13th centuries to serve foreign merchants who conducted trade and paid customs at Týn Courtyard. This impressive Gothic replacement began in 1360 and was finished in 1511. Since then, the Church of Mother of God before Týn has been a dominant feature of Old Town Square. The 263 foot twin towers are named Adam and Eve. Mary is the oldest bell cast in 1553. After the Hussite Wars (1419-1434), Týn Church was controlled by the Hussites. They were avid reformers of the Catholic church and precursors of Protestantism. In 1620, Týnský chrám reverted back to Catholicism.