Sharing the elevated, Outer Court platform with the Hall of Supreme Harmony are two additional structures. Collectively, they are called the Three Great Halls. On the right is the Hall of Central Harmony. The single-eave, square-shaped pavilion was originally called the Hall of the Splendid Canopy (Huagai dian) when constructed in the early 15th century. The Ming dynasty emperors used the facility as a staging area before imperial ceremonies. Zhonghe dian was rebuilt in 1627. Adjacent is the Hall of Preserving Harmony. The emperor used Baohe dian to dress and prepare for receiving homage by quest. Most impressive is the three-tiered staircase leading up to the halls.