Transformation of Hog Island in Nassau, Bahamas - Encircle Photos

25 Transformation of Hog Island in Nassau, Bahamas

The phrase “Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear” was disproven in Nassau. Originally, the cay across from Nassau was called Hog Island. That changed in 1959 when Huntington Hartford – the grandson of George Hartford who converted the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company into A&P, formally the largest supermarket chain in the U.S. – purchased the 685 acre property. In 1962, he renamed it Paradise Island. His transformation included building the Ocean Club and a pro golf course. Later, in partnership with Resorts International, he added a resort, casino and a bridge connecting the islands. Since then, the island has evolved into a premier resort and vacation destination.

VIEW MAP

Predator Lagoon, One Casino Drive, Suite 52, Paradise Island, Bahamas

Directions

Share this Photo