In 1931, architect John M. Gray created a Colonial Revival façade for the Traffic Tunnel Administration Building at North Street Park. Aesthetically, it blends in with many of the historical landmarks in downtown and in the North End. The structure overlooks the 1934 Sumner Tunnel. Traffic from Logan Airport emerges here after driving below Boston Harbor. The tunnel’s namesake is William H. Sumner. He is credited with developing Noddle’s Island into East Boston starting in 1833. The airport is located in East Boston.