When this building opened in 1693 it was a Venetian nobleman’s lodge. In 1720 it became a theater named Nobile Teatro di San Giacomo and Greece’s first opera house. The Noble Theatre of Saint Giacomo operated until 1893. In 1903 it was converted into the Town Hall of Corfu. It suffered extensive damage during WWII but has been refurbished to its former beauty.