The Three Sisters Lighthouses at Eastham on Cape Cod, Massachusetts

In 1837, three almost identical lighthouses were built along the northeast shore of Cape Cod but they had to be replaced in 1892 because the advancing erosion of the cliff threatened to plunge them into the Atlantic Ocean. The new wooden lights had a white-washed base and a black lantern which reached 22 feet. Because they resembled women wearing a white dress and bonnet, they became known as the Three Sisters. The sibling lighthouses are now enjoying their retirement in a field near their original location.

VIEW MAP

697 Cable Rd Eastham, MA 02642

Directions

Share this Photo