In Ireland, a tólsail is the combination of two words meaning the “hall of taxes.” In addition to serving that function, this city hall has been a customs house and court. It now offices the Borough Council and the mayor. The original structure was built in the center of High Street at the turn of the 15th century. It was replaced in 1578 and again by the current building in 1761. There is an observation deck within its copper, octagon-shaped clock tower.