There used to be a large Military Barracks at Port Arthur to house over 200 soldiers from the 63rd Regiment. Only remnants of the once over-crowded structure remain. What can be visited is The Officers’ Quarters. Also called Tower Cottage, it was reserved for junior officers with families. This modest yet functional brick structure had two rooms on the first floor and two more in the attic. After suffering in the 1897 fire, it has been renovated twice.