This classic gothic architecture with the city’s highest bell tower is steps away from Edinburgh Castle on Esplanade Castlehill, part of The Royal Mile. Victoria Hall was designed by James Graham and Augustus Pugin to be the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. After that venue moved to New College in 1929, the building served a few different congregations. From 1956 until the 1980s, it was the Highland Tolbooth St. John’s Church. Starting in 1999, the Edinburgh International Festival converted it into their offices and event center called The Hub.