The Metropolis Building was the home of The Miami News from 1925 through 1957. In 1962, the U.S. government converted the yellow high-rise into the Cuban Assistance Center. The facility provided aid and assistance for those seeking asylum from Fidel Castro’s regime. Freedom Flights flew refugees to Miami five days a week from 1965 until 1973. Over 100,000 Cubans were processed in this landmark called The Freedom Tower. Now it is an art museum on the Miami Dade College campus in downtown Miami.