The Convent Now Governor’s Residence in Gibraltar

When Franciscan friars settled in Gibraltar, they built this monastery in 1531 in a poor neighborhood named La Turba. Nearly 200 years later, this Early Georgian property was converted into the residence for the Governor of Gibraltar. This is the highest position for this British Overseas Territory. The governor is appointed by the British monarch who is the head of state.

VIEW MAP

285 Main St, Gibraltar GX11 1AA, Gibraltar

Directions

Share this Photo