St Columba Church was built in 1901 facing the Sound of Sleat. Its namesake was Saint Columba, an Irish missionary, who landed here in 585 AD to preach the Christian faith. The Talla Dhuisdeil missionary church closed in the 1970s. In 2017, the property was converted into a performance venue. Talla Duisdale (meaning misty glen) shows live broadcasts of opera and ballet from the Royal Opera House plus National Theatre productions.