St. Tryphon Cathedral in Kotor, Montenegro

St. Tryphon Cathedral is one of Kotor’s most recognizable landmarks. This Roman Catholic church was built in 1166 on the site of a previous one from 809. Both were dedicated to Saint Tryphon, a 3rd century martyr and the protector of the city. Despite being partially destroyed during an earthquake in 1667 and again in 1979, the imposing western façade of Katedrala Svetog Tripuna was faithfully restored in 2009. Its Korčula stone glows with a golden hue just before sunset.

VIEW MAP

Pjaca Sv. Tripuna Kotor, Montenegro

Directions

Share this Photo