St. Paul’s Church of Strasbourg has been a handsome feature on the Ill River since it was finished in 1897. The Greek Revival facade by architect Louis Muller has an enormous yet elegant rose window at the base of twin bell towers that rise 279 feet. Église Saint-Paul de Strasbourg was originally built to serve soldiers from the German Empire. This garrison was part of the Imperial Territory of Alsace-Lorraine. The occupation ended in 1918.