St. Nicholas Church in Lesser Town is considered to be the finest example of High Baroque architecture in Prague. The church was commissioned by the Jesuits and placed next to the late 17th century Jesuit college in Lesser Town Square, now part of Charles University. Phase one of the church’s construction began in 1673. This wave-like western façade was completed in 1711. Among its nine statues is the likeness of Saint Nicholas in the central niche. It was sculpted by Jan Bedřich Kohl. St. Nicholas Church was not finished until 1775 … over 100 years in the making. Inside is an organ with over 4,000 pipes installed in 1747. The instrument was once played by the famous composer Wolfgang Mozart.