St. Nicholas Church at Old Town Square in Prague, Czech Republic

St. Nicholas Church at Old Town Square was founded in 1704 to practice the pre-Protestant teachings of Jan Hus, the early 15th century reformer of the Catholic church. The 161 foot Baroque structure was finished in 1737. Shortly after Austria-Hungary collapsed in 1918 and the Republic of Czechoslovakia became a sovereign state, the Czechoslovak Hussite Church was formed. The Church of Saint Nicholas is the parish church of its Prague diocese.

VIEW MAP

Chrám svatého Mikuláše, Staroměstské nám., 110 00 Staré Město, Czechia

Directions

Share this Photo