Basilica Pontificia de San Miguel is a Roman Catholic church with a convex, Baroque design by Santiago Bonavía. When it opened in 1745, the church was dedicated to Saints Justo and Pastor. The Santos Children were only seven and nine years old when they were martyred in 304 for their Christian faith. During the 19th century, the minor basilica was renamed in honor of Michael the Archangel. In the niches are four statues representing faith, hope, charity and fortitude. The allegories were sculpted by Roberto Michel and Nicolás Caresana.