St Mary’s Church and Graveyard, not to be confused with the cathedral of the same name, has been in the center of this medieval town since about 1205. The ecclesiastical church was dedicated to the Holy Trinity. It was largely rebuilt in 1739 and then closed in 1957. During the early 1960s, it reopened as a parish hall. Surrounding the landmark are the graves of centuries of Kilkenny families.