This Scottish Episcopal Church has three spires. The middle one (295 feet) was finished when the cathedral opened in 1879. The twin towers (196 feet) shown here on the west side were added in 1917. They are affectionately nicknamed Barbara and Mary in honor of the Walker sisters. They donated money for the construction of St. Mary’s Cathedral. This is the mother church for the Diocese of Edinburgh.