The profile of St. Luke’s Church on the east bank of the Isar River is spectacular. The Protestant church was finished in 1896. Most impressive is the pair of towers complimenting the 210 foot high dome. Below Lukaskirche in this photo is the 558 foot long Wehrsteg on Prater Island (Praterinsel). The footbridge crosses a weir used to regulate water flow between two river channels, the Great and Small Isar River.