The Anglican Parish of Portland was established in 1769. Two previous churches were built on Portland Point in the 19th century: Grace Church in 1829 and St. Luke’s Church in 1838. After the citywide fire in 1877, the current structure was finished in 1880. The simple, elegant design features lancet windows with stained glass and a conical copper roof above the clock tower. St. Luke’s is affiliated with the Anglican Church of Canada.