The first church on this site in central Old Town was from the 12th century. After an extensive fire in 1385, it was rebuilt and then expanded and restored through the 19th century. The High Kirk of Edinburgh is dedicated to Saint Giles, a 7th century Greek hermit. St. Giles’ Cathedral is considered to be the Mother Church of Presbyterianism. On the right is a statue of the Duke of Buccleuch and Queensberry. This Queensberry Memorial honoring Walter Montagu Douglas Scott was created by Sir Joseph Edgar Boehm in 1888. It adorns the West Parliament Square, a plaza constructed in 1632.