St George’s Church was built in 1884 on the corners of Mount and Cattley Streets. But the original architect team of H. East and Roy Smith would hardly recognize it. The Anglican church underwent a major, ten-year renovation before reopening in 1969. Inside is an Art Deco entrance plus stained-glass windows. They were added in 1934 for St George’s fiftieth anniversary.