St. George’s Chapel was built as the mother church for the Most Noble Order of the Garter, an honor of chivalry established in 1348 by King Edward III. The existing 24 members still celebrate the Garter Service here every June. This splendid façade is called Perpendicular Gothic. The style is characterized by enormous windows containing stained glass and slim mullions. Also notice the buttresses flanking the tracery panels on the top level. Other buildings at the castle with a similar style were designed by architects John Sponlee and William Wynford.