Anglican services in Hobart date back to 1804. Their first church collapsed after a couple of years. The second St. David’s was built in 1823 and was designated a cathedral when Hobart became a city in 1842. Construction of the current St. David’s Cathedral – with its Neo-gothic design by George Frederick Bodley – required 68 years. It was finished in 1936 after ten bells were installed in this crenelated tower. The heaviest one weights 1.2 tons.