St. David’s Cathedral Bell Tower in Hobart, Australia

Anglican services in Hobart date back to 1804. Their first church collapsed after a couple of years. The second St. David’s was built in 1823 and was designated a cathedral when Hobart became a city in 1842. Construction of the current St. David’s Cathedral – with its Neo-gothic design by George Frederick Bodley – required 68 years. It was finished in 1936 after ten bells were installed in this crenelated tower. The heaviest one weights 1.2 tons.

VIEW MAP

23 Murray St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia

Directions

Share this Photo