St. Canice’s Parish Church in Kilkenny, Ireland - Encircle Photos

St. Canice’s Parish Church in Kilkenny, Ireland

St. Canice’s Parish Church and nearby St Canice’s Cathedral are both dedicated to the city’s namesake and patron saint. This Roman Catholic parish, however, is considerably younger than its famous neighbor. The first two chapels were built during the 18th century. They were replaced during the 1830’s by this structure based on the design of William Robertson. The attractive façade with twin spires was constructed with stone from the local Holdensrath Quarry.

VIEW MAP

Dublin Rd & Castlecomer New Rd, Highhays, Kilkenny, Ireland

Directions

Share this Photo