After the 16th century English Reformation, Catholics were cast from their neighboring church of the same name and forced to practice their faith in hiding. When tensions eased, this new St Audoen’s Church was built in 1847. The architect for its Greek Revival design was Patrick Bryne. The portico was added about 50 years later. The three statues above the pediment are, left to right, the Virgin Mary, St. Audoen and St. Patrick.