In 1830, Scottish immigrants to Grenada founded St Andrew’s Kirk and laid the foundation stone for their church. Construction on Scot’s Kirk finished three years later. Ever since, the impressive clock tower – with a bell cast in Glasgow, Scotland – has overlooked St. George’s Inner Harbour. About half of the island’s population are Protestant. Tragically, the church was badly damaged by Hurricane Ivan on September 7, 2004. Repairs have not yet been made. Notice the tower on a hill overlooking the cruise terminal. Use it as a guidepost to walk up the stairs and along a path leading to Fort George.