26 St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church in Old Québec City, Canada

The 78th Fraser Highlanders was a regiment of the British infantry from Inverness, Scotland. The two battalions fought in the Seven Years’ War (1756 to 1763) and the Battle of the Plains of Abraham in 1759. After the victory in Québec City, the soldiers formed a Church of Scotland congregation. A half century would pass before they had their first church. It was consecrated in 1810 on the feast day of Saint Andrew. St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church is the oldest English-speaking church of Scottish origin in Canada.

VIEW MAP

5 Rue Cook, Québec, QC G1R 3X8, Canada

Directions

Share this Photo