St. Andrew’s Cathedral has an impressive, High Victorian Gothic design crowned by a 175 foot spire. The Roman Catholic church was dedicated in 1892. The elaborate rose window above the entrance is the first of about 100 stained-glass windows inside. They portray events of Christ plus various saints including Saint Andrew, an Apostle and the brother of Simon Peter. This is the third cathedral to be built for the Diocese of Victoria since it was founded in 1846.