Spires along River Ness in Inverness, Scotland - Encircle Photos

13 Spires along River Ness in Inverness, Scotland

At dusk, this trio of church spires creates a spectacular reflection across the River Ness. On the left is the Old High Church. It was the site of the Parish Church in the 12th century. The tower base was created in the 15th century while the rest of the building dates to the late 18th century. In 2003, the Old High Church merged with St Stephen’s. The Greig Street Footbridge points to the Free North Church. Its Gothic design by Alexander Ross was finished in 1892. On the right is St Columba’s High Church. It opened in 1843 and was refurbished after a major fire in 1940.

VIEW MAP

50 Huntly St, Inverness IV3 5HS, UK

Directions

Share this Photo