The New Town (Nové Město) quarter of Prague is hardly new. It was established in 1348 by the command of Charles IV, the Holy Roman Emperor and King of Bohemia from 1346 until 1378. This expansion outside of the walls of Old Town was laid out by Petr Parléř, the same young architect entrusted to build the Charles Bridge and manage the expansion of St. Vitus Cathedral. This is the southern view of New Town from Jindrisska Tower. On the right is the National Museum. Below that dome is a collection of 14 million natural and historical items. The twin spires in the center are the crown of the Church of St. Ludmila, built in 1892.