This classic, red and white cast-iron lighthouse was displayed at The Great Exhibition in 1851. This event at the Crystal Palace was the equivalent to the first World’s Fair. The following year, the 89 foot lighthouse was shipped to Barbados and reassembled at the southernmost part of the island. It is sometimes called Gordon’s Lighthouse in honor of the architect, Alexander Gordon. This oldest Barbados lighthouse is featured on the five cent Barbadian coin.